- Earnings disappointments from the likes of Facebook has sparked concerns whether the stupendous growth of tech stocks can continue
- Valuations have come back into focus and serve as a reminder that fundamentals trump headlines
- Technology stocks still look attractive, but we are seeing increasing dispersion within the sector
- Growth sell-off has resulted in a Value rally - retracement of growth stocks has provided some respite for long suffering value investors
- Where to now? It remains to be seen if the recent moves represent a sea change for the re-emergence for value
- Expect volatility in the value/growth trade over time and these types of rotations to become common
The value of investments will fluctuate, which will cause prices to fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount they invested. Where past performance is referenced, please note that this is not a guide to future performance.